Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Perak Govt on Verge of Collapse

(The Star) - Newsflash (4:50pm): Perak Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin is still in audience with Sultan Azlan Shah to seek his consent to dissolve the state assembly. He was seen entering Istana Kinta at 3:50pm.

Newsflash (4:30pm): Behrang assemblyman Jamaluddin Mohd Radzi, Changkat Jering assemblyman Mohd Osman Mohd Jailu, DAP's Jelapang assemblyman and Perak state assembly deputy speaker Hee Yit Foong and Bota assemblyman Datuk Nasaruddin Hashim spotted at the office of Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

IPOH: Perak Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin said that he will seek consent from Sultan Azlan Shah by 5pm Wednesday to dissolve the state assembly due to increasing uncertainty in the state.

Perak assemblymen Jamaluddin Mohd Radzi (Behrang) and Mohd Osman Mohd Jailu (Changkat Jering)have quit PKR and Jamaluddin said on Wednesday that they were on the way to Putrajaya to join Umno.

Speculation is also rife that DAP’s Jelapang assemblyman and Perak state assembly deputy speaker Hee Yit Foong has defected or at least quit the party.

In the March 8 national polls, PKR won Perak with 32 seats against 27 Barisan seats.
On Tuesday, Nizar had reiterated that he would not be calling for state elections given the political developments of the past week but was prepared for any by-election.
He had said the Pakatan Rakyat government was “very stable” at the moment.
“Despite what has been happening the past week, we are very stable. There is no likelihood of the state legislative assembly being dissolved.

“In fact, we are getting sympathy and support from the people over what is happening.
“Should there be by-elections, not just involving Behrang and Changkat Jering, we are confident of winning the seats,” he had said.

In a The Star SMS poll that ran from Monday to Tuesday, 77.1% of 192 respondents said the best way to resolve the Perak situation would be to dissolve the state government and call for fresh elections.

Hee's service centre in Jelapang has been closed for the Chinese New Year festivities. Attempts to reach her on the handphone or at her house proved futile.

Hee was “missing in action” last Sunday as well, which fuelled rumours of her defection. DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng even came out with a statement stating that any Perak DAP elected representative who was incommunicado for more than 24 hours without reason would find their seats vacated.

At a press conference Sunday night at her residence in Ipoh, Hee hit out at Lim saying she was disappointed by his press statement, adding that he should have investigated first before releasing the press statement.

She quashed claims that she had resigned from Pakatan and joined MCA or Gerakan, saying she was still a DAP member and Jelapang’s elected representative.

“I have never had any intention of leaving the party and would feel very heavy-hearted if I did,” said Hee, who has been with the party for almost 22 years.

On Wednesday, Perak DAP chief Ngeh Koo Ham said he had not received any resignation letter from Hee.

2 comments:

  1. salam bro.....

    sorry den lamo tak contek hang.... den sekarang dah keje dalam hutan....bz gilo.... apo cito gabungan pemudo melayu islam?.....papo pun selamat berblog.... den sekarang dah kurang berblog....sobab takdo maso dah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah, apa cerita Perak?

    ini yang jadi kabar tak bes nih

    gua baru ingat nak gi Behrang

    ReplyDelete

About MULLAHKANE

"I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation.

Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, If I tell you I'm no good, You know I'm lying. If you don't want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today.

I am not teaching you anything. I just help you to explore yourself. Because what works well with me might not work for you, and vice-versa!"

Mullahkane